OCC CLUBS | specializing in dementia care
Think of it as a place to hang with your friends, be artistic, remember the old times, sing, laugh and be filled with joy!
A sample day at OCC may include:
EXERCISE | Zumba
ART STUDIO | Mixed Media
LIFE LONG LEARNING | History of Cars
ART STUDIO | Woodworking
Our Lingo | Definitions we live by
- A rad place for people to go that may have a hard time taking care of themselves.
- A place to hang with your friends.
- A place to be artistic, remember the ol times, sing, laugh and be filled with joy.
- People we serve.
- Not people with illnesses or patients that are sick.
- We call them members because they are a part of an elite club whom are living with dignity and are treated with such.
Traditional Care Model
(what you won’t see at Oakwood)
- Feeding trays
- People in scrubs
- Being talked to as a child
- Watching tv, bingo, sitting alone